This Privacy Statement is intended to provide users with the conditions of Security and Privacy, and only the data necessary for the provision of the service are requested and collected, according to the explicit indications on the website. You are free to access, correct, or delete your data.
1. IDENTIFICATION OF RESPONSIBLE FOR TREATMENT
Company: The Madeira Travel Guide
Contact Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
We assume the following commitments with the users:
- To process data in a lawful and fair manner, collecting only the information necessary and relevant to the purpose for which it is intended.
- Allow the data subject to access and correct some information about him/her.
- Keep the data accurate and, if necessary, current.
- Guarantee free of charge the right to delete the data used when required by the holder.
- Possess security mechanisms that prevent the consultation, modification, destruction or addition of the data by an unauthorized person to do so.
- Do not perform interconnection of personal data, unless authorized by law.
2. INFORMATION AND CONSENT
The Personal Data Protection Act (hereinafter “LPDP”) and the General Regulation on Data Protection (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, hereinafter “RGPD”) ensure the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data.
In legal terms, “personal data” means any information of any nature and regardless of its support, including sound and image, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, and protection does not cover the data of legal persons.
The Madeira Travel Guide maintains a database with the registration of its clients. The data present on this basis are solely the data provided by the data at the time of its registration and are automatically collected and processed, according to the terms approved by the National Data Protection Commission, by The Madeira Travel Guide, the entity responsible for the corresponding file.
Information on philosophical or political beliefs, party or trade union membership, religious belief, private life and racial or ethnic origin, as well as data on health and sex life, including genetic data, shall not be solicited.
In no case shall we carry out any of the following activities with personal data provided to us through this site:
Grant to other persons or other entities, without the prior consent of the data subject;
3. PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we treat through this page will only be used for the following purposes:
- (i) Reservation requests;
- (ii) Communication with customers and clarification of doubts;
- (iii) Contact Order Processing;
- (iv) Claim Processing;
- (v) Statistical analysis activities;
- (vi) Verify, maintain and develop systems and statistical analyzes;
- (vii) Direct marketing communications (if you have consented to the processing of your personal data for this purpose);
- (viii) Preventing and combating fraud;
- (ix) Request for comments on products or services purchased;
- (x) Conduct satisfaction surveys.
The Madeira Travel Guide guarantees the confidentiality of all data provided by its customers. Although the MAK does collect and process data in a secure manner and prevents its loss or manipulation, using the most advanced techniques for this purpose, we inform you that the collection in open network allows the circulation of personal data without security conditions, at the risk of being seen and used by unauthorized third parties.
The Madeira Travel Guide website has a contact form in which users can ask questions and thus take better advantage of the entire The Madeira Travel Guide offer. If users provide personal data to the MAK via this contact form, they will not be used for any purpose other than what is requested by the user.
The www.madeira-adventure-kingdom.com website has a chat, where users can ask questions and thus take better advantage of the entire The Madeira Travel Guide offer. If users provide personal data to The Madeira Travel Guide via chat, they will not be used for any purpose other than what is requested by the user.
On the other hand, the user consents to the access to the information regarding the service contracted with The Madeira Travel Guide in order to be able to offer additional services to the contractor.
At the time of the collection of personal data, except in the fields where the contrary is indicated, the user may voluntarily make personal data available, without the lack of response implying a decrease in the quality or quantity of the corresponding services (unless indicated otherwise). However, failure to respond to data, which is considered mandatory, will mean that it is impossible to access the service for which the data were requested.
If you do not agree to the above conditions, The Madeira Travel Guide will not be able to contract with you through its website.
4. ASSIGNMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
In order to comply with the purpose of this website, The Madeira Travel Guide may transfer its personal data to other entities that will treat it for the following purposes:
- Provision of contracted services;
- Payment management and processing activities;
The entities to whom The Madeira Travel Guide and their personal data to deal with them in the above mentioned terms will have the following nature:
- Insurance companies;
- Third parties related to the provision of contracted services;
- Payment management and processing entities;
- Processing and ordering entities.
5. STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Data collected by The Madeira Travel Guide may be transferred and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storage or processing.
6. SECURITY MEASURES
The Madeira Travel Guide states that it has implemented and will continue to implement the security measures of a technical and organizational nature necessary to ensure the security of the personal data provided to it in order to prevent unauthorized alteration, loss, treatment and / or access, account the current state of the technology, the nature of the data stored and the risks to which it is exposed.
The Madeira Travel Guide guarantees the confidentiality of all data provided by its customers either in the register or in the process of buying/ordering products or services. The collection and processing of data takes place safely and prevents its loss or manipulation. All data will be entered on a Secure Server (128 bit SSL) that encrypts/encodes (transforms into a code). You can verify that your browser is secure if the lock symbol appears or if the address starts with https instead of http.
The personal data are treated with the level of protection legally required to guarantee their security and prevent unauthorized alteration, loss, treatment or access, taking into account the state of the technology, being the user aware and accepting that the measures of Internet security are not impregnable.
The Madeira Travel Guide whenever you access any personal data, undertakes to:
- To store them by means of legally enforceable security measures of a technical and organizational nature that guarantee their security, thus avoiding unauthorized alteration, loss, processing or access, in accordance with the current state of technology, to nature of the data and the possible risks to which they are exposed;
- Use the data exclusively for the purposes previously defined;
- Make sure that the data are processed only by the workers whose intervention is necessary for the provision of the service and they are bound by the duty of secrecy and confidentiality. Should the information be disclosed to third parties, they should be required to keep the confidentiality in accordance with the provisions of this document.
7. COMMERCIAL AND PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS
One of the purposes for which we treat personal data provided by users is to send electronic communications with information relating to commercial and promotional communications.
Whenever we make a communication of this type, it will be directed exclusively to users who have previously authorized them expressly.
In accordance with the provisions of Decree-Law no. 7/2004 of January 7, in case you wish to stop receiving commercial or promotional communications from The Madeira Travel Guide, you can request opposition from the service by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
8. EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
9. EXERCISE OF RIGHTS
In accordance with the provisions of the LDPD and the RGPD, you may exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, limitation, opposition, and portability at any time upon request by any of the following means:
If you wish, at any time, to cease to be part of The Madeira Travel Guide database you can exercise this right through these contacts.
Last Update: 05 February 2021